The Office of Foreign Affairs and its Institutional Alumni Program invite its graduates and final semester students of Mechanical Engineering and other UIS engineering to participate in the call to obtain the Buitrago scholarship for master’s studies with the University of Waterloo in Canada.
Jorge Buitrago is a proud graduate of the Universidad Industrial de Santander in Colombia and the University of Waterloo; he recognizes that his professional success is due in part to his education at these two excellent institutions. Bearing in mind that excellent quality education improves people’s conditions, Jorge wants students like him, from the Industrial University of Santander, to attend a postgraduate degree at the University of Waterloo; tosupport the education of these students, Mr. Buitrago also hopes forge stronger links between the two universities and countries.
Scholarships, valued at $ 50,000 each, will be provided with payments for two years (6 academic semesters). The period of this award is defined in the bases of the call published by the University of Waterloo.
Eligibility and selection
- Apply for admission toa full-time postgraduate student who will register for a research-based master’s programme at the University of Waterloo’s School of Engineering.
- Academic excellence (minimum cumulative average of 80% equivalent in your current or most recently completed program)
- The scholarship will be awarded taking into account the following (in order of preference if a suitable candidate cannot be found):
o Student of the career of Mechanical Engineering of the Industrial University of Santander, Colombia;
o Student who graduated from any Engineering program at the Industrial University of Santander, Colombia;
o Student who graduated from any Engineering program of any university in Colombia. The Faculty of Engineering will identify and select a candidate based on their application for admission.
- If no eligible candidate is found, available funds will be withheld for delivery in a future year.
- The scholarship will be paid in equal installments each period.
- This award can be held together with other important prizes.
This scholarship is part of the international relations developed by the UIS with its graduates and where the main funder is the UIS graduate of Mechanical Engineering Jorge Buitrago who wishes to support a UIS graduate mainly of Engineering in a postgraduate process.
Note: It should be noted that the graduate selection process is in charge of the University of Waterloo in Canada.
More information: CLICK HERE
Contact person in Waterloo: