In order to contribute to the professional training of university students and provide opportunities in the labor field of the department, the Electrificadora de Santander (ESSA) and the Universidad Industrial de Santander (UIS), through the initiative: “Buena energía para tu proyecto de vida”, will provide 10 scholarships to students during 2022.
The call will be open to UIS students who are pursuing professional careers related to electronic energy. The dates available for registration are from Monday, March 7th through Friday, March 18th.
The university careers applicable to the call are: Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Economics, Social Work, Law and Psychology.
Throughout its history, this program has offered 20 scholarships to promote higher education in the territories where the company operates. The program will start this year with the participation of 10 students, incorporating 5 more during the calendar, until 2024.
The application and submission of documents can be made through the following channels:
Calle 35 No. 17-77 Oficina 402 – Edificio Bancoquia Bucaramanga.
Via WhatsApp: 3158583989.
Students interested in participating in this call must comply with the following requirements, demanded by the program “Buena energía para tu proyecto de vida”, in order to guarantee the transparency of the process:
• Being Colombian(a).
• Their family nucleus must live in a municipality in ESSA’s direct area of influence.
• Belonging to stratum 1 or 2.
• Attaching a SISBEN certificate, level 1 or 2.
• Sending an updated judicial record certificate.
• Not receiving financial support for higher education studies from other public or private entities.
• Not having a higher education degree at the time of applying.
• Being a student of the Universidad Industrial de Santander (UIS) and be enrolled in an academic program related to the scholarship.
• Having completed and passed the subjects corresponding to the third semester, in order to register for the full credits of the fourth semester of one of the programs related to the scholarship.
• Having a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 at the time of application.
• Submitting the electricity bill of the family’s place of residence, which must be up to date and match the address reported in the admission letter of the program.
• Only one beneficiary per household will be admitted.
• Attaching a letter of reference from the faculty to which you belong.
• Attaching scholarship application letter.