The Foreign Office and its Institutional Alumni Program is allowed to invite its graduates mainly of Mechanical Engineering or any UIS engineering to participate in the call for a scholarship with the University of Waterloo in Canada.
Jorge Buitrago is a proud student of the Universidad Industrial de Santander in Colombia and the University of Waterloo. Jorge recognizes that his professional success is due in part to his education at these two excellent institutions. With this in mind,engineer Jorge would like students like him from the Industrial University of Santander to be able to attend the University of Waterloo. By supporting the education of these students, Mr. Buitrago hopes to forge stronger ties between the two universities and countries.
Noscholarships, valued at $50,000 each, will be provided with two-year payments (6 academic semesters). The period of this defined-term award shall be from 2022 to 2023. Selections will be held in the winter of 2022.
Eligibility and selection
- Be a full-time postgraduate student who will register for a research-based master’s programme in the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Waterloo.
- Academic excellence (minimum cumulative average of 80% equivalent in your current or most recently completed program)
- The scholarship will be awarded taking into account the following (in order of preference if a suitable candidate cannot be found):
o Student of the Mechanical Engineering career of the Universidad Industrial de Santander, Colombia;
o Student who graduated in any Engineering program of the Universidad Industrial de Santander, Colombia;
o Student who graduated in any Engineering program of any university in Colombia. The Faculty of Engineering will identify and select a candidate based on their application for admission.
- If an eligible candidate is not found, available funds will be withheld for delivery in a future year.
- The scholarship will be paid in equal installments each period.
- This award can be held in conjunction with other important awards.
This scholarship is part of the international relations developed by the UIS with its graduates and where the main funder is the UIS graduate of Mechanical Engineering Jorge Buitrago who wishes to support in a postgraduate process a UIS graduate mainly of Engineering.
Note: It should be noted that the selection process of the graduate is in charge of the University of Waterloo in Canada.